Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa
- This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member.
- A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
- Certain family members can be included in the application.
Under the new Skills Select changes introduced on July 1st 2012, applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:
- submit an Expression of Interest
- have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
- meet the English language requirements
- be able to score at least 60 on the points test.
If you are interested in applying for a skilled migration visa, please fill in our questionnaire and we will advise you of your suitability.