Skilled Migration Visas

Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa

  • This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member.
  • A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
  • Certain family members can be included in the application.

Under the new Skills Select changes introduced on July 1st 2012, applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:

  • submit an Expression of Interest
  • have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
  • have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
  • be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
  • meet the English language requirements
  • be able to score at least 60 on the points test.

If you are interested in applying for a skilled migration visa, please fill in our questionnaire and we will advise you of your suitability.

Do you qualify?

The official immigration selection process can be rigorous, with complex regulations that are constantly changing.

Learn More

Where to Start?

Read our brief overview of the Australian migration system and complete our short online questionnaire.

Learn More

initial consult

There is no charge for our services until we have fully canvassed your options with you.

Learn More