The visa has two streams.
- The Business Innovation stream is for people who want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- The Investor stream is for people who want to make a designated investment in an Australian state or territory and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:
- lodge an Expression of Interest
- be nominated by a state or territory government
- be less than 55 years of age
- have a successful business and/or investment history
- have adequate personal and business assets
- score at least 65 points on the innovation points test.
If you are interested in applying for a business category visa, please fill in our questionnaire and we will advise you of your suitability.